Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Friday, January 30, 2009

A song in the night

Have you ever had an old song that you have not heard in years suddenly come to you in the night? Maybe it did not come in the night but perhaps while you were driving your car or going about your daily routine or in some other specific place and time a particular song came to you and it lifted your thoughts from mundane things to a higher plateau. It brought peace to your troubled mind.
One that came to me as I was driving alone in my pickup truck and thinking of all the things I had to accomplish in the next few days goes like this: Leave it there, leave it there, take your burden to the Lord and leave it there, if you trust and never doubt, God will surely bring you out, take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.That's the chorus; there is a verse that goes thusly: If your body suffers pain and your health you can't regain, If your soul is almost sinking in despair...Jesus knows the pain you feel, He can save and He can heal, so take your burden to the Lord and leave it there. And then the chorus again. I wish I could convey the blessing I received as that old song came to mind and I began singing it there in my old truck driving along through the icy streets of my city. I was lifted out of my troubled thoughts into heavenly places in Christ Jesus and I felt so much better as I realized that He had reminded me that I do not have to bear these burdens, whatever they might be all by myself. Peter wrote to the Christian church in 1Peter 5:7 and said, "casting all your care on Him; for He careth for you."
Paul another apostle of the cross of Christ said in Philippians 4:6, "Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Has the doctor pronounced you with terminal cancer? Has the stock market robbed you of your life savings? Has one of your wayward children ended up in a prison cell? Do you think your life doesn't matter? Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Randall... I know what you mean this has happend to me many times,I would be driving when a song would come into my head or heart ,I would start singing .....I don't know who drove the car..because I would have both hands in the air...no troubles or cares just a wonderful feeling of peace....GOD bless you for your wonderful thoughts that go into the BLOGS....THANK YOU.
Coffee

Anonymous said...

Good morning Brother Randall,

Yes, I can relate to you, the Spirit of the Lord lifts my burdened hearts, tears will flow, then serenity of peace flows, assuring us that we are His own. Thank you and keep writing.

your missionary friend
Kamala Kutty

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you guys, songs don't come to me while driving , cause I don't drive yet. But when I am sitting in my room thinking, about life. This song comes to mind a lot

Cast your burden
(Cast your burden)
On Jesus
(On Jesus)
For He cares
(For He cares)
For you
(For you)

I know it is a kids song, But it is so true, we need to give it all to him. NO SINS are to big for him, he cares alot for us.
I actually thought of this song last night while doing my devotion, it was about forgiveness. WE ALL need to realize not SIN is to big for GOD to handle.

Anonymous said...

hi Randall
I am a long time reading this blog sorry about that,but this is a day that it is really speaking to me so I guess this is when I should be reading it.
I find that I give my burdens to the Lord but I have trouble leaving they with Him.It is something that I have to do each day sometimes several times aday.
I know small or big He will take care of all of them but I still try to do things on my own why I don't know.
You know when we have big troubles
the first thing we think of is to asked for help from the Lord but when they are small it is like no we can't bother God with this He's to busy.Wrong I know.But sometimes
I have to step back and tell myself to take my hands off and give my life all of it to Him to look after.
So this is my prayer, Lord help me to give every thing to you big or small good or bad take my life in your hands today and help me leave them there.

C.M.

Anonymous said...

HEY CM....

---GODS GOING TO BE WITH US IN TROUBLE.
---DELIVER US FROM TROUBLE.
---AFTER TROUBLE LEAVES HE IS GOING TO GIVE US HONOR.

THAT IS WHAT I GOT FROM PSALM 91
SO NO TROUBLE IS TO BIG OR SMALL FOR HIM TO HANDLE, YOU ARE RIGHT WE NEED TO JUST GIVE IT ALL TO HIM, AND LET IT GO AND LEAVE IT THERE.