Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Saturday, January 24, 2009

1000 years of peace

Rev. 20:1-3 says, "Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old which is the devil and Satan and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while."
"There's gonna be a great day", so the old song goes, but the question is who will be there?
It is going to be a wonderful day ...a time of peace on earth...one thousand years of peace.
Now nobody lives a thousand years, not yet anyway, so it can only be those who have immortality that will be living, at least it seems clear to me. And who will have immortality then?
The blood washed and the redeemed, that is who it shall be....there is one group who have paid a great price for this privilege...look at Rev. 20:4, "And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgement was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to JESUS AND FOR THE WORD OF GOD, who had not worshipped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or in their hands. And they lived with Christ for a thousand years". These are the tribulation saints who will be saved during a time on earth that is unprecedented, a time that will make the atrocities and wars of the past look like child's play, a time when all born again believers will be hunted down and beheaded. By the way who executes people in our day by beheading them? Ask your self that question. If you are living carelessly, stop and think what will happen if you are not ready for Christ's return.
I am examining my own heart... I will use this theme in future blogs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Timely comments . . . as usual.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and "mirrors",

Anonymous said...

Hi Randall

When it comes to end-time prophecy and events, I have always had difficulty with the traditional teaching and the traditional time line of events . It appears to me, during the millenial reign, mortality and imortality must be living together. If only immortality is living at that time, who is immortality going to be reigning over with Christ; and who is satan going to deceive at the end of the 1000 years, when he is loosed from the bottomless pit? I don't believe he is going to deceive those who have already taken place in the first ressurrection and have been ruling and reigning with Christ for 1000 years in glorified flesh. The Bible says he is going to deceive the nations and cause them to rise up against the rule of Christ and things are going to come to an end in a big battle. It appears to me that during this 1000 years that commerce is going to be going on, that productivity is going to reach unprecedented levels and mortal men and mortal women will marry and mortal children are going to be born. Possibly, these are the people satan is going to deceive at the end of the millenial reign. Unbelievable isn't it, that anyone living under the rule and reign of Christ can be decieved by satan, but we see it everyday in the lives of Christians? We saw it in Adam and Eve's life.

There is a prophecy in Isaiah 65 that speaks of people living long lives. Children dying at 100 years old. I am certain you are very aware of it. If children are dying at 100 years old, death, the last enemy to be conquered has not been defeated yet, so death must still be taking place during the millenial reign.

Isa 65:16-25 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes. For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Anyway, Randall that's my comment on your blog. Isn't it great when brothers in Christ can discuss these things

Blessings Darrell

Randall said...

Normally I do not make comments as I am the blog owner. HOWEVER REVERENT DARRELL has pointed out some vital truths that I missed when I said that only those who are
blood washed and redeemed will live during this 1000 year reign of Christ and His saints on earth. He is totally correct when he says that there will be those who will be born and die even during this period. And I totally overlooked that which I also believe...I agree totally with him in his comment. So thank you brother Darrell for pointing out these facts....Randall

Anonymous said...

Hay Randall some real great comments Ah nice to see that the readers are starting to comment,it is important for everyone to get involved.
Could you ever imagine peace for a 1000 years ,I take it this means not even a simple little argument,not a cross look or a wrong thought.....not even bad weather.....the whole world will be at peace ,just seems impossable but we know that it will happen because the bible tells us it will so it will.
Coffee

Anonymous said...

Hi Randall
Ravelation Is a book that I would love to see more blogs on.
I must say it is not a book that I
know alot about yet.
I guess I thought that life would go on about the same as now without
the wars and things of course.
That people would not know any
hurt of pain at all,just peace in their lives. It makes me wonder how when they have known the Lord's peace all of their lives how they could be be deceived by satan.
I do know that this peace only comes after the seven years of tribulation,a time I hope we don't have to see any of.
Keep up this great work that you are doing.
C.M.