Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Changed

"And we shall all be changed". 1 Cor. 15:51 Hebrews 9:27 says that " it is appointed unto man once to die, but after this the judgement." It would seem that there is a group of people who will not die, those who are living for God and of course still alive when Jesus comes. Paul, the writer of these Corinthian letters says "we shall not all sleep." But we shall all be changed. Death is a change and this mortality shall put on immortality, so in one sense every man will die; the old man must die to put on the new man, the old body must die to inherit the new body. The Bible says we will be changed. There is no doubt about it.

When the trumpet sounds, even the dead will hear it, the dead in Christ that is...they will rise up first, and they will have a new body. Those who are alive and remain will suddenly receive their inheritance...a new body. They too, will receive new bodies. If some will not hear and will not be ready...oh, get ready, do not miss out by living to close to this world and all of it's enticements. Live for Jesus and He will give you joy unspeakable and full of glory.
Hebrews 12:1 should be a verse that Christians should read again and again until it is indelibly imprinted in our hearts "Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us" The sin that so easily besets"...do you know what the writer means here? Are there besetting sins? I have to repent, we all need to repent ....to examine our hearts , surrender areas of our lives to Him. It's part of running the race...to surrender our will is a continuing battle, but verse 2 of Hebrews 12 gives us the answer..."Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.." Hallelujah! there is victory in Jesus! Look to Him. The old chorus says "put your trust in Jesus, He will take you through"

3 comments:

Stardaisy said...

I just have to say I really enjoy your blog.

Hallelujah! Jesus will see us though!

Anonymous said...

Hi Randall
I have been thinking about the change in my life.
I grew up knowing about Jesus.He was in my head,not my heart.
The night I was saved I knew that there was a change in me,I know for sure that Jesus loved me and that I loved Him.He was no longer someone I heard about but someone I know personally.
And as much as my life has changed
I know that it is nothing compared
to when death gives way to victory and I get my new body.
In your last blog you said that we should never stop praying for our loved ones.That was the first promise God showed me,that I was to keep praying and He would save my family.There has never been any doubt of this in my heart,impatience yes I want it now but I know it is in His time not mine. Our faith is victory for our loved ones,our fear could be their death with out hope.
C.M.

Anonymous said...

And we shall all be changed,
" True "but we can't wait for these changes,we must make changes and make them now,it is so sad that we are so inconsiderate and self-centred ,that if some were to be taken up,that we that are left would not even know that they were even gone or even care,but we that are left have not and may never meet our ' Goal " 'Everlasting Life " in Heaven with our Lord JESUS CHRIST....its not to late make the changes ...NOW,before it is to late.
Coffee