Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fear or faith? That is the ultimate question

We are told there are 365 "fear nots" in the bible. That's one for every day of the year. One of my favourites is found in Psalm 118, verse 6 and it says, "The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?" The psalmist made it his will not to fear, it was a decision on his part. I thought of that when I wrote these blogs about being ready....we need not fear, we can
depend on Him if we are walking in His ways.(read Psalm 119:1-4) seeking God with our whole hearts, being diligent in our walk, keeping His Word. 1 John 5:14,15 offers a wonderful promise and dispels all fear in what it says, " And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us. And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him."
You can know that it is His will for your loved ones to be saved, so ask and ask largely the Bible says in another place....that your joy may be full. Are you asking Him for your loved ones' salvation? You can trust Him for it....no matter what the situation looks like. This is the eternal Word of God and it is truth!

2 comments:

Stardaisy said...

Very well put. We really do have to guard against fear and hold on to what the Word actually says!

Anonymous said...

Randall: just a thought,all through the Bible when great men of GOD were in doubt about something that GOD told them to do,they did it more than the one time that God had told them,because of this doubt ,they all lost what they were to get from GOD.Here is my question ,how many times do I ask the LORD to save my LOVED ONES....at some point am I telling GOD...did you forget your promise...ACTS 16:31
" Believe in the LORD JESUS and you will be saved,along with everyone in your household. ".What do we use here ....fear or faith
fear HE forgot or trust HE never fogets.
Coffee