Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Speaking of trouble

This may end this series of posts, we shall see, but speaking of trouble, the world is heading for the greatest time of trouble mankind has ever known. It is a time that is marked by many signs. You can read about it in all the gospel writings with the exception of John's gospel. However John later on recorded the entire event for us to read about in the book of Revrelation,; it is the Revelation of Jesus Christ The briefest of th gospel account is probably the account found in Mark's Gospel the 13th. chapter. The inspiration for today's blog comes out of Wednesday's "in the gap" meeting that our Pastor led...he was reading and expounding from this chapter. Verse 20 of this chapter gives you some idea of what will take place, "And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days." It is the time referred to as the "Great Tribulation" and the world has never seen the like of it to date. So Jesus said, "Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. " vs.33 It is notable that nobody knows the day or the hour, and He is speaking here of His return


(backing up to verse 32) " "but OF THAT DAY AND HOUR NO ONE KNOWS, NOT EVEN THE ANGELS IN HEAVEN, NOR THE SON, BUT ONLY THE FATHER.



Which leads me to another point...if Jesus and the Father are one, as He told Phillip He was then how come the Father knows something that Jesus didn't? Jesus only used what He had learned as a man even though He was still GOD and one day He is going to come to this earth in a cloud and every eye IS GOING TO SEE HIM. That does not mean that every one will be ready,
this is speaking of the Second Coming of Christ which is a two part event. He will come back for His saints and then with His saints and that is when every eye will see Him. It is during this period that the world will experience the greatest trouble it has ever known. I suspect that there won't be much joy in those days. Jesus advice or perhaps I should say His instructions , are to "
" be on the watch...watch,watch, watch and pray." Do not allow anything to interfere with that...watch! Do not take your salvation for granted and do not forsake your first love...don't let it grow cold! Rejoice this morning and lift up your heads because your redemption is drawing near.

1 comment:

Randall said...

I received this comment by email and quoting it verbatim --
I read with interest your blogs. In reference to “the Revelation of Jesus Christ,” it is illuminating to read Revelation 1: 1”The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:”

In Revelation 3:12 the resurrected ascended Lord Jesus, seated at the right hand of God says, “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.”

Jesus himself understands clearly that his God and Father is the only true God. For that reason, as he prays to the Father in John 17:3 he says, “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”


As Jesus and the Father are one, so are we in Jesus and the Father one in answer to Jesus’ prayer in this same chapter: “20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. “


This, of course, does not mean that we are God, but rather godlike as Jesus himself is. Paul tells us that if we suffer with Christ we shall also reign with him and then in 2 Timothy 3:12 he says, “Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.”


Thank you Randy, for sharing your thoughts and for allowing us to share our thoughts, as well.


Yours in the Lord Jesus,

Carey Clark