Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Return: Isa. 55:6,7

This morning I'm torn, torn between continuing with the lessons from the epistle of James and on the other side the
prompting of the Holy Spirit to consider another theme, at least for today. So I am choosing the Spirit's prompting and I refer to the verses I have listed in Isaiah chapter 55 above.: Seek the LORD while He may yet be found, Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts. Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him, And to our God for He will abundantly pardon All throughout the pages of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is this common thread running from cover to cover "Return to Me" Repent, turn from the direction in which you are going, from the path you have chosen, the path that leads to destruction and choose to follow the Lord Jesus Christ and He will abundantly pardon. You may say ....but I can't understand it this message of salvation, why Jesus had to die in myplace, I don't understand any of it. I will lose friends if I repent and accept Jesus as my savior. What have you got to lose by accepting Christ? By not accepting Him you will lose everything and you will spend eternity in an unspeakable place, a place of unimaginable torment. Return to Him today, don't put it off any longer. Return to the God of your childhood, return to the God of your fathers, return to church where you have the fellowship of others, others just like you ...sinners who have been saved by the grace of Almighty God.If you are having a hard time believing then pray like the man in Mark 9:24 who said, "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. That quote from the King James translation. In a more modern language version it reads, "" I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief." Ask Him to reveal Himself to you today and He will; invite Him into your heart today.

1 comment:

C.M. said...

Hi Randall
Sorry for not commenting before
this.I have been reading the blogs but let myself get to busy to take the time to sit down and comment.
This blog has reminded me how easy
it is to let life get in the way of God. It starts off simple. First you don't take the time to comment,
and then you get to busy to read the blogs.The next step is you are to busy to go to bible study and then it's church that you are to busy for.
We don't just walk away from God.
We go in little steps,forgetting to pray before you start your day or at night when you are ending it.
We start to make plans without asking God what he thinks about them.These things are small but they are all going in the wrong direction,way from God.
Sometimes we forget that just because we accepted Christ once we still have to repent and ask His forgiveness all the time.We have to keep in touch with Him daily.
This blog touch home with me,I have been letting busyness get in the way.
Thank you for following the spirit's prompting and reminding me
that life without God is no life at all.
C.M.