Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Friday, April 17, 2009

Who is Jesus?...a series

He was there before Bethlehem, Christ was there from before the foundations of the earth In the epistle to the Hebrews, speaking of Christ, reading from ch. 1 verse 10 it says, " You LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain; " The thought comes to mind since this entire passage is talking about the Son that He must in fact be God Himself. In 1 Corinthians 10:1-4, it says "Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them and that Rock was Christ." Now how could Christ be in a cloud or in the sea at the time of Israel's exodus out of Egypt if He was just a man? How could He have laid the foundations of the earth if He were just a man? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the answers to these two questions. He was and therefore still is God! However, it would not matter who He was or is if He was not a God of compassion....if He did not care for us. Look at these words from the prophet Hosea chapter 11:1 "When Israel wasa child, I loved him, And out of Egypt I called My son,...vs 3, I taught Ephraim to walk, vs 4, I drew them with gentle cords, With bands of love....vs 7, My people are bent on backsliding from Me....but look at God's response in verse number 8, How can I give you up, Ephraim? How can I hand you over Israel....My heart churns within Me." You should read this entire chapter to understand the compassion that God has for the backslider...wayward children who are lost. Truly His heart is full of compassion for our families, for those of us who have a son or daughter who has lost their way and are bent on backsliding. Chapter 12, verse 6 says,"So by the help of your God treturn; obsderve mercy and justice, And wait on your God continually." The prophecy of Hosea is about returning...repentance and God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself through Christ's sacrifice on the cross. He is still extending an invitation to all today who are outside the ark of safety, so take heart all who are trusting in Him for a loved one to get saved..love never fails and God is love and Jesus is God.

1 comment:

C.M. said...

hi Randall
I thank God for His love and that we can trust Him to save our loved ones. If I did not have this to hold on to I would be consumed by grief so great that I fear that I could not handle it.
But in Jesus I have the faith to know that my family is in His hands and in His time they will come to repentance for their sins
and be reconcile to Him.
I put them into His hands and I will leave them there.
Thanks Randall for reminding me that God never fails and that my trust is in the Lord will be rewarded.
C.M.