Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A tribute to Uncle Mac

This is a poem that I wrote about Uncle Mac after a visit back in Feb/07 and I published it in my blog called moreaboutHisWord , a blog that I shared with Naida. Today we will bury Uncle Mac on the Island he called home...

The Golden Years...so called.He just seems to sit there, staring into space. Emptiness, loneliness written on his face. He's eighty three now, tired, a broken, lonely man And I remember when that picture wasn't in the plan. He was young and strong, determined; had life in full control Knew where he was going and deep within his soul There was a fire burning; yes a yearning deep inside To be the best at anything, whatever thing he tried I used to think; Wow! what a man. He really runs the show But running isn't there anymore...even his speech is slow The Golden years are seldom kind, though some may think it's true Too many old folks laid aside like an old worn out shoe But it pays to show real kindness as you walk along life's way For most of us end up like hm, we've seen a better day And as I face the future, sometimes I contemplate What will be my portion; what will be my fate? Will I be tired and lonely too? Will every day be blue? Will I lose my driver's licence, my independence too? If fate is what I depend upon who knows what it will bring? But I decided long ago to put my trust in Him He carries me when I'm too weak to walk; I have trouble too In the end He's still my Friend and He will take me through There's an empty place in each of us that lies within the soul That only Jesus can complete and make us every whit whole If you're looking for a better day, then that day will start When you let Jesus Christ come in and fill your empty heart He'll give you joy and peace inside, a love that you can't hide Instead of empty loneliness His Presence will abide Don't let the golden years depress they're just a stepping stone To that eternal place of rest, that Heaven I call.....Home RC
posted by Randall

No comments: