Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

who is Jesus?

Who Jesus really is: this is a series

A well known hymn/gospel song says, “the great Creator became my Savior and all God’s fullness dwelleth in Him.” Now there is a doctrine floating around coming out of the southern part of the United states that forbids worshipping the Lord Jesus because He was just a man it says and to worship any person or any thing besides God is idolatry. This doctrine (so called) says that Jesus is not God, that He is a perfect man but only a man.
Preposterous, I say…this has caused many to fall. There are those in our own province who are embracing this lie. There is always room for disagreement but never room for an outright denial of the Deity of Jesus Christ. This is the main point of this doctrine and it is heresy. So now here is what I believe…
When Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, God became flesh. And John tells us in John 1:14 “ and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
1 Timothy 3:15,16 says “without controversy great is the mystery of godliness,
God was manifest in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen of angels, Preached unto the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up into glory.” In the NRSV, IT SAYS, “Without any doubt” There is not a doubt that Jesus is God! To think otherwise is to deny scripture…it is to fly in the face of truth…In Hebrews chapter 1 verses 1,2 He is the creator of the universe; John declares the same thing in his account of the Good news. He says in John 1:3 “All things were made by Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.”
Now my question is, how could a man create the worlds and everything in them? If you could prove that a man can create a world ……what nonsense! How utterly ridiculous can you get? Man cannot create. God has given man the capability to reproduce, but that is as far as it goes. Man cannot create a universe, it is not even logical and yet there is a relatively new book that states Jesus is not God and yet the Bible clearly states that He is the creator, in fact it says very plainly that He is God. I personally believe it with every fiber of my being. I welcome any comments on this blog and, please in your own words.

2 comments:

LookinUp said...

The fact that we, man, have such a hard time understanding who Jesus is, accentuates the notion, that Jesus was more than the perfect man. We don’t even have the capacity to understand Him – how Jesus came to earth, was born into our humanity, dwelt among us, died, and rose again, and ascended back to heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father.
So obvious that He was more than a man. The human brain cannot even phathom Him - and, as you point out, how could a human create the universe.
I cannot even put it into well-formed thoughts - His greatness, His diety. Thank God for the plan, to send His Son Jesus, to fulfill God's plan for the reconciliation of man to God.
To deny the deity of Jesus takes away God's plan for redemption - "no man comes to the Father but by Me (Jesus) (John 14:6). To deny Jesus, is to deny our salvation. Why would anyone do that?
Sounds like this series will be most thought provoking and instructive.
Thank you for launching into such an enormous topic -- courageous man, you are.

C.M. said...

Who is Jesus?
For a good part of my life I would have said God,and I would have been right. But now I say Jesus is my Savior because now I know Him personally.
I cannot understand everything I read in the bible but I know that it is true because God gave me the faith to know that I don't have to understand it all yet. But I will someday when I see him.
The night I asked Jesus into my life the bible became not just a book that I could never understand. But a light that would guide my life from then on.I have read scriptures and throught what has it got to do with me today and then God will show me,maybe someone will explain it or sometimes I open to it and it jumps off the page at me and I think how could I missed it before.
God gives us the answer when we look for it,no matter were our life is He is the answer.
My comment may not have much to do with today's blog,I grew up knowing about God but not knowing Him personally. I can't understand
how anyone can doubt that Jesus is God.Even before I came to know Him I believed. How can you look around and see all of this and not know there is a God and His name is Jesus.
C.M.