Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Who is Jesus, parrt 2

This blog called Godspattern clearly states that it is a layman’s view…not a minister of the Gospel, nor a theologian, just a layman. So I do not pretend to be any thing but a layman however I can truthfully say that I have had a life long love affair with God’s Word, the Bible. A great aunt gave my brother and I two brand new Holman Bibles for Christmas in 1948…I still have mine, it is tattered, torn, not in very good shape, but it has shaped my life. I don’t always live up to it’s precepts but I know that when I fail, Jesus is there to lift me up and set me on the right path. Psalm 37:23,24 tells us “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD and He delights in his way, 24/ Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the LORD upholdeth him with His hand.” I have experienced that forgiving hand many times, the key is repentance….1 John 1:9: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” That is the very essence of the Gospel. And the scribes and Pharisees were correct when they said to Jesus that only God can forgive sins. What they did not know because they refused to accept the truth was that they were talking to God when they were talking to Jesus.. You can read the account in Matt. 9:3, Mark 2:5-7 and in Luke 5:20,21 God in the flesh was standing there before them establishing a principal, that being just what the scribes had unwittingly accused Him of (only God can forgive sin) and they missed His visitation entirely. But the man who was sick didn’t miss it, he was forgiven and received healing in that same moment. Now I ask you, how can a man heal another man of a disease like the one this man had by saying to him “take up your bed and walk?” Only God can do that as well. Jesus is the great physician and He can still heal today. He still forgives sin today also, and you can receive forgiveness in this moment simply by asking Him to forgive you of your sins and receive Him as your Savior; all you have to do is believe. He is God and God forevermore.

1 comment:

C.M. said...

Hi Randall
I thank God for His forgiveness.
I know I have to asked everyday for it and repent of something I did or said.I don't understand why He keeps forgiving me but I know that He does.Yes I try not to have to repent for the same thing over and over I try to learn by my mistakes,but there is always something I say or do that I have to stop and ask forgiveness for.
God has forgiven,healed,and received me as His own.
Thank You Jesus
Please don't miss out like the Pharisees did.Receive Jesus as your Savior, ask and receive forgivness today.
C.M.