Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Sunday, August 29, 2010

When all else fails ...believe anyway

I must admit there have been times in my life when I have had doubts; doubts about whether or not God was really real....especially to me in my life. But then my mind goes back to the times in my life when I have been in an impossible situation and my only hope was in this God of Whom I speak. An impossible situation, no road map to guide me so to speak, and yet I do have a road map and it is called the Word of God For those times when all else fails, there is the written Word of God. Now I don't mean to imply that God has failed in any way...He never fails, but our feelings will fail us, and our logic will fail us and when that happens doubt comes in. Has that happened to you recently? Then get into the written word and stop trying to figure it out. Just like a will that you may have written on paper by a human lawyer and you have been given power of attorney, so is the written Word of God, the Bible.....trust it even though your logic may fail The old hymn writer said "put your trust in Jesus, He will take you through" Don't always trust your feelings and when the Bible doesn't seem to be logical to you.....trust it anyway. He will see you through. Been there and done that. RC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brother Randall,
You are right to the word. I would like to add on to your When all else fails ... "Who will separate us from the love of Christ...." It is His everlasting, eternal,unconditional, ever forgiving, ever living, and never failing LOVE that we can trust to bring us thru. As a missionary's wife I can attest to that. I am convinced, confident, and more than a conqueror through Christ when all else fails... believe anyway. Amen and Amen.
Praying for the Convention 2010 in St. Stephens in Oct.

Kamala Kutty

Anonymous said...

Just heard a discussion on CBC radio on Sunday about faith, by a Jewish Rabi - his position was that doubt is a part of our faith - then he went on to explain his thoughts. So not bad to have doubts but "We know whom we have believed". If we never had a doubt, we would be following God in a blind faith - without thought.

Am not attempting to add to your blog but your thoughts always lead my mind to my own little world of thoughts . . . Bless you,

Naida