Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Peace like a river

"There's a deep settled peace in my soul", these words from an old hymn speak volumes to me as I realize just where this peace comes from. Jesus said in the 14th. chapter of the Gospel of John, " M y peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives." When Jesus comes into a person's life He brings peace, and if we walk in His ways and live the way that He wants us to, then we will always have that peace. It's the peace that surpasses all understanding the apostle Paul said in his letter to the church at Phillippi. Let me show you where he said it and how he said it' " Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God . And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."These words of the great apostle found in Phillipians 4:4-6. What a promise! What a peace that God gives as we cast all our cares on Him 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."It is like dwelling in the secret place of the most high God, where there is an abundance of peace. You can have that peace...just cast your care on Him.

No comments: