Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ahiding place

A hiding place

Have you ever felt like running away and find a hiding place somewhere? The cares of life have piled up against you and you have just got too much on your plate….to use the modern vernacular. Well you are not alone and while we like to look back and remember a kinder, gentler time , to borrow a term from the first Pres. George Bush, it wasn’t always easy then either. In fact King David of Israel(now I’m really going back) found himself in such a disastrous condition
That he cried out to God “Oh, that I had wings of a dove
I would fly away and be at rest. Indeed, I would wander far off and remain in the wilderness. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.” Psalm 55 verses 6-8. Elijah was another man who ran away to escape the wicked murderous queen Jezebel. This was after he had single-handedly defeated the prophets of Baal on top of Mt. Carmel and had actually called down fire from heaven and proved to Israel that day that Jehovah God was God alone. It’s a fascinating story that you will find in 1st. Kings chapters 17-19 to read the whole thing. When Jezebel heard what Elijah had done she vowed to kill him, so he ran for his life. But in the end it was Jezebel who died and Elijah was raptured to heaven…a fascinating story as I said. Maybe you are facing a battle in your life. Just as God vindicated David and Elijah, He will vindicate you too, if you are dwelling in the secret place of the most High God.In Psalm 27 David again says, “For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle. He shall hide me: He shall set me high upon a rock…” And that Rock today is Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing that accounts of such great men of God are contained in the scriptures. When we feel we are the "only ones" following God, or when we think we are in such a horrible condition that we want to run, we can lean on the scriptures and see how God helped them, delivered them really.
God bless you Randall for keeping our eyes on God and our thoughts centered on the Word.

Naida

MoreOfU said...

Oh boy. Do I ever know what it feels like to want to run and hide. The hardest thing to do sometimes is to trust in the Lord, but when you do, the outcome is so much more than you expected. Im facing a huge challenge within my family right now and trust me when I say that I would just like to go to sleep and wake up when its over, but Im not. Im pushing forward, Im trusting for a miracle because God says to ask for big blessings. We need to remember that when we feel like hiding we need to put on the full armour of God and with Him, we will fight the battle and win. I believe it with all my heart! God Bless you Randall.