Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The truth will set you free

This blog was supposed to be dedicated to my study on the Tabernacle and it still is, however I have included some other thoughts here also since I have been having difficulty accessing another blog that I contributed to. So this site will be used for other subjects besides the Tabernacle. If you would like to read some from the other site, it is, www. moreaboutHisWord .blogspot.com. So today's topic is from the words of Jesus "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." When I was just in my early teens we used to sing that song there in the old Full Gospel Assembly on Charlotte Street in Saint John and oh, how the power would fall. It goes on to say "Christ died on the cross to grant us liberty, Over every sin there's perfect victory, Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." Another one that we sang in those days went "You can't make me doubt Him, no you can't make me doubt Him. You can't make me doubt Him in my heart. You can't make me doubt Him for I can't live without Him, You can't make me doubt Him in my heart."
These old choruses spark a fire in my heart and evoke such pleasant memories of bygone days when Pentecost was new and fresh and vital to our very existence. We lived for church when we would get together to worship the King of kings and Lord of lords. That was freedom and it still can be but we must desire Him above every other person, above every other activity...above every other thing.....we must desire God. He must consume our every thought; He must be our passion...we must seek Him with our whole heart. This is the Truth that will set all of us free.
I've said it before; the Truth is a Person and that Person is none othe than the Lord Jesus Christ. To know Him means efernal life...you can live forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you say,"the Truth is a Person and that Person is none othe than the Lord Jesus Christ.To know Him means eternal life...you can live forever!" Jesus, who is the truth, defines eternal life as he prays to the Father in John 17:3, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." Here Jesus clearly identifies the Father as the only true God and himself as the God-sent Messiah. To understand this from the heart, accept it and live by it is eternal life.

Anonymous said...

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Just depend on the lord he will set you free

amen