Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jelly beans

I like jelly beans, I think I like the red ones best, they've got that Maraschino cherry flavour. Then close on the heels of the red ones is black, licorice of course lemon and orange following in that order. I like the taste and the fact that they are so brightly colored. By now you are probably thinking "where is he going with this blog?" I'm saying that we all have favorite things and we choose out of them what suits us for the particular time or occasion. But there are some things in life that we should cherish beyond how it makes us feel. The words of King Solomon as found in Proverbs 23:23 point out what I really want to say; " Buy the truth, and do not sell it, also wisdom and instruction and understanding." He tells us to "buy the truth" What Solomon is telling us is that there is nothing as important as truth and the truth is that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. We all may have certain likes and dislikes but truth doesn't care whether we like it or not and sometimes truth is not popular but that doesn't make one iota of difference, truth is still truth. Jelly beans do not have a lot of nutritional value but they taste good. TRUTH IS OF GREAT VALUE. It may not always suit our taste but it is best for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...well Randall its good to see that you have as good taste with words as you do with candy or shall we say [ how sweet it is ]sounds like the truth.
WE all know how important the truth is,yes even when it hurts and alot of times it does but who's fault is that [ thats right mine ]and you can't hide the truth [at least not for very long ] [and not at all from GOD ] [ so if you want your life to go somewhat smooth , may I suggest ....tell the truth,no matter what !
Coffee

Anonymous said...

That is right the truth might hurts sometimes, but I will admit sometimes once I hear the truth, it clears alot of things up.

We need to think of it this way, WOULD we like some to lie to us??? I can't see. So we need to get over ourselves and just tell the truth...:)