Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Monday, November 24, 2008

More from a wise King...

I have been duscussing some thoughts from Proverbs 28:24-28, spiders, locusts, ants; I have not mentioned the rock badgers yet. The biggest reason being that I have not a clue just exactly what a rock badger is. Now the King James version calls them conies. Duh...what's a conie? It's a hyrax...a what? I had to go to the dictionary for this one and here it is: any of several species of small mammals of the order Hyracoidea, of Africa and the Mediteranean region, having short legs and tail and hoof like nails on the toes. That really narrows it down. Remind you of anyone you know? I've been to the Mediteranean area six times and I can't honestly say that I have ever seen one. But then the Bible says that the conies are a feeble people and that they dwell in rocky crags and I have never visited those areas much. What I do suspect is that they are living in these places because it provides protection for them and a hiding place from their enemies as well as storms and other natural disasters. Just such a parallel is what I see in the Lord Jesus Christ as He provides a protective hiding place from the storms and circumstances of life and also keeps us when our enemy, Satan comes along to trip us up, to lure us out in the open where he can harm us big time.Jesus provides us rest in some hard places, places that seem unlikely for a place of rest. Like the conies, or rock badger, or hyrax, we too are sometimes a feeble people but I am thankful that He provides a hiding place in Him...comments anyone? What is your testimony? RC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randall
It would be nice to hear some testimony from the people that read your blog all the time.
We can help other just by letting them know that they are not the
only ones to have storms in their lives..and we came through with God's help.
The storms may all be different
but the out come is the same God
is biger than any storm.
Over the years I have had many kinds of storms and just when I think I can't fix this {that's right I can't fix it}I remember who
can..He is just waiting for me to give it to Him.
Then He will give you a peace and you will just step back and let Him handled things.
That is how great our God is.
It is in these times that people
around you start to see God at work in your life,they wonder were
is your peace is coming from,how can you turn things over to someone you can't even see..who is this Jesus that you trust so much.
You know,sometimes a storm in our life can be the salvation for another life.

You know,over the last year or so
I have shared many times on how God
has helped me,today I would like to hear from others on how God has helped them.Your comments can be just what someone needs to hear now.Thank You
C.M.

Anonymous said...

Like C.M is was nice to hear you testimony.

We all need to learn to just give it all to him, give him complete control.
I have been through so much, But I the LORD is always there.
Yes, He may not answer as fast as we want him to, IT WILL BE DONE in his time.

" Let us not become weary in doing good...we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Galatians 6:9
" I will keep Doing my best, and I refuse to give up.