Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Saturday, October 25, 2008

People

People are important...to God, so much so that He sent His only begotten Son to this earth to be born of a virgin, to suffer at the hands of one of the cruelest regimes planet earth has ever experienced, betrayed by His own countrymen,His own friends, even His own family. The Bible says they were offended because of Him. And then they nailed Him to a cross....what untold agony that must have been. People are important to those whom we joined in Morocco who went there(there were five of us) for the sole purpose of encouraging some heroes of the faith. For them to know that we journeyed all the way from Canada just to shake their hand or give them a hug and let them know that we loved them was a real blessing to them. They treated us like the king and his queen. These dear people made sacrifices just to be in our company and it could have been probably not so pleasant for them if some knew what we were talking about. But they sacrificed to feed us, no doubt in my mind and we in turn are in their debt. These are precious people. They are so very important to us.
People are important to each other and we will gather on the morrow to worship our God, but undoudedly we are glad and happy to see one another. Handshakes, back slapping, hugs...all saying to that other person, "you are important to me. When you are in an atmosphere like we will be in tomorrow, fellowshipping with people of like precious faith, nothing else can compare. It is a great blessing for me to gather with the saints of God and offer praise to Him. People are important to our friend Naida who is in Mali with Madeliene and some other people ministering the love of God through medicine. You who are reading this are important to me also and I hope that you will let me know if this blog or any other blog that I or Naida may do is important to you...RC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
Your blog says it all..
We need to remember to say it once in awhile. The people in our lives
for the most part don't know how
important they are to us,because we
just take it for granted that they already know.
You and Naida do a great job with
your blogs and we as the readers
should remember to tell you both that.
Each time I read one of the blogs I always get something to think about,something that I never saw in the same way as you can bring it out.A new look at something that I may have read before but can see it diffently now.
Thank you both for all your hard work and the time you put into the blogs.Please keep up the good work
because God is using the blogs to help people.You will never know how much they have helped me over this passed year.
Thanks again
C.M.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blog Master....Good Word as always,I find it hard to believe that so many read the Blogs but do not comment [don,t they know what they have to offer ][even a simple thank you is a comment ]when someone does something for you it is customary to thank them. [I would hate to see you stop writing the Blog [for what would seem lack of interest ]we know lots read it [so why not say so ]
I would like to say thank you and I would urge others to say thank you by their comments [their comments are important to us all.
Coffee