Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Abba, Father, GOD

From Romans chapter 8, verse 15 we read, "For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, Abba, Father"
I was sitting in my rocking chair ,which I find myself doing more often these days, when my little two year old granddaughter, Charley, came up to me with an armload of her stuffed friends and said, "Gabby". That's as close as she comes to Grampy right now. I knew what she wanted, so I reached down and picked her up and all her friends and we rocked for a few minutes. It probably did more for me than it did for her but what a wonderful moment we had together and she presented all of these stuffed toys one by one and then after a few minutes she got back down and pursued other interests. It made me think about our relationship with the heavenly Father, Abba....sort of sounds like Gabby doesn't it? But in reality it is closer to "Daddy"and that is how God sees our relationship. He is my Daddy, a term with much more intimacy than Father, at least I think. That's the way little Charley is with her Daddy and another granddaughter, Sophie who just turned one year old is with her daddy. It delighted me when I held Charley for those few minutes and it delights our heavenly "Daddy" when we climb up on His lap and share time with Him. How little we take the time to present all of our friends or our cares and rest them in His care. He delights in answering our prayers when we come to Him and in faith receive His blessing. Have you had that intimate moment with Him today? He is waiting for you to call Him today.

2 comments:

LookinUp said...

Thanks for the reminder,

C.M. said...

hi Randall
It has been along time from my last comment,and I thinking almost as long from the last time I shared
time with my heavenly daddy,intimate time that is.Oh ya
there are the quick prayers in the AM. and the tired thank you in the PM. but not much else.
It's as if the more things we have coming at us,the more we try to work them out ourself.
Thank you for reminding me that He is waiting for me to let Him work them out.

C.M.