Followers

About Me

My photo
A layman's views on the Bible

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Victory ahead

Victory ahead!

When the host of Israel, led by God
Round the walls of Jericho they did trod
Trusting in the Lord they did not fear or dread
By faith they saw the victory ahead!

The words to that old God inspired and breathed hymn came to mind this morning as I was praying. It was just a few minutes ago WHILE I WAS WALKING AROUND MY DOWNSTAIRS ROOM. I was petitioning God for the city as others are doing this morning also in a concentrated prayer session. I recalled in my mind the days that are now gone and how things have changed and how the Bible says that in the last days just before Jesus returns there will be a great falling away. Well guess what…it has already come, we are in that time. Churches closing their doors permanently, because there are not enough people to support their existence. It doesn’t look great. So why are we, a people who know that there is this great slipping back into a lethargic state praying for revival, renewal, restoration? The answer is found in the words of that old hymn…”by faith they saw the victory ahead.” Remember the chorus? “Victory ahead, victory ahead, through the blood of Jesus, victory ahead Trusting in the Lord, they knew what God had said
By faith they saw the victory ahead!”
Solomon, after the dedication of the temple had a visit from God Himself one night; God actually appeared to him and you can read it in 2ND. Chronicles 7:12-14 it says, “I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice
When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, (and here is the clincher)…if My people, who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land.” God hasn’t changed, we do not have to accept the status quo. Let us humble ourselves and pray. Let us seek the face of Almighty God.

1 comment:

C.M. said...

Hi Randall
Seeking God is something that we have forgoten how to do these days.
We all want to see things that we are praying for right now,and do not want to wait.
Just because God hears our prayers does not mean that we are ready for the answers now. We have to be faithful in our prayers and
keep seeking God.We can not give up just because we dont see the answer,but trust in Gods timing.


C.M.